Pliable Web Solutions offers a quick way for businesses to get online and establish a web presence. If you are already online and want to make changes, we will modernize your website to make it work on mobile devices, update photos or text, make changes to the services you promote, or other enhancements. Call (919) 867-1486 to discuss your website design needs or send us a note on our Contact page.
What to Expect During the Website Design Process
The web development process requires some collaboration between the business owner and the web developer to make sure the web site highlights the strengths of the business. Online resources like WordPress make it relatively easy to setup a website, but to make the web pages focus on a company’s specialties, target the right client or service, and compete in your market, the website developer will need to understand a bit about the company. The company owner or representative is the best person to relate the key company details in a quick conversation.
Before starting work on the web content, Pliable Web Solutions holds a short meeting to discuss company services, products, clients, and target service areas. We will meet you in the Triangle area since we are a Raleigh Company. If available, we use existing items, such as logos, photos, and certifications, to help with website content. We also want to know about a company’s competitors. Knowing the competition helps to highlight differentiators and key topics to emphasize on the new or updated web site.
Pliable Web Solutions compiles the information about a company, the company’s industry, competitors, and specialized services, along with photos, graphics, certifications and other content provided by company representatives to create a draft version of the new website. A private site, not yet available to the public, hosts the draft web pages for review. Before publishing a final version, Pliable Web Solutions accepts input on the web design, including site content, layout, color schemes, and other characteristics from the company owner and makes revisions based on the owner feedback.
Make Final Adjustments and Publish
The final website design step before publishing a website is to run a series of checks to help with site performance. These checks include tools to verify that the site has the right structure for search engines, emphasizes keywords that will match customer search terms, includes a sitemap, has analytics setup, and that all pages load quickly and all links function. After the site passes all checks and meets client approval, we open the URL to the public and submit the site to search engines.
Helpful Information from the Client:
- Explanation of company strengths, offerings, target clients and areas –this information helps to emphasize skills or services that set you apart from your competition, focus on more profitable or enjoyable business offerings, or target desirable clients and regions
- About Us info – every business has a backstory about how they got where they are, what is yours?
- Competitor List – analysis of a stronger or weaker competing company’s online presence provides information on how to differentiate your company from others with similar services or products
- Site Content – items such as a company logo, images and photos, client reviews, certifications or accreditations, and links to social media sites help the website building process and keep your online presence consistent with company business cards, vehicle signs, and other existing company branding materials
- Gmail Account – helps to monitor site performance; can be new or existing
Pliable Web Solutions’ Responsibilities:
- Understand – before starting, know client’s business focus, strengths, desired customers and type of work, and any special requests or concerns
- Explain – explain any unclear terms or concepts or jargon; describe what we will do and what type of input we will need; answer any questions about what the website can or cannot do for the client; agree on a schedule and identify any pre-requisites that may impact schedule
- Keyword Analysis – check for use of keywords in the client industry, looking for both commonly-searched and unique combinations of keywords; incorporate keywords into site to highlight client strengths
- Domain – identify the domain to be used for the client site, whether we point to an existing client website or check availability on candidate web addresses for a new URL
- Hosting – ensure access to the preferred host location is available or setup hosting for necessary files and data
- Site Framework Setup – establish or access administrator accounts; install WordPress; create email accounts if needed; install selected theme; install security and performance plugins
- Site Content – create desired pages; establish menu structure for site navigation; arrange layout for each page; establish and/or place company logos and other branding; populate references if available; create link to Google reviews; populate certifications or accreditation if relevant; link to existing social media sites; draft text for each page; crop, scale, and place images
- Site Update – review the first draft of the site in a client meeting (by phone or in person if in the Raleigh, NC area); provide client access to the draft site to review at will; incorporate feedback on content, layout, and functionality
- Add Site Monitoring – establish or utilize existing client Google Analytics account; add Google Analytics tracking code to website; and Search
- Tune Site Performance – check website performance and take steps to improve load times for each page, such as reducing image sizes, minifying file content, compressing files, or adding caching
- Generate Sitemap and Enable Search – create the sitemap file that helps search engines catalogue site pages; make settings that enable search; submit site to search engines
- Training – provide client with all URLs, user names, and passwords used for the site; walk through level of training desired, such as how to add a picture or post a new blog article
- Check for Site Issues – once site pages have been crawled, check for reported errors, such as broken links or errors in data structure, and address
- Monitor and Support – monitor the site for number and type of visitors; ensure WordPress, the site theme, and site plugins remain up-to-date; answer client questions about how to use site or other topics; help with administration and updates; note: more time-consuming support activities may require additional payment
- Listen – our clients are the experts in their field and have the last say
Make Final Adjustments and Publish
Website owners require different levels of support after the first round of web design. Some owners do not need any updates or site monitoring or have time to manage everything themselves. There are no limitations to what business owners do with their site, since Pliable Web Solutions clients own the content we create for them. Talk to us if you need help to monitor successful search terms and visitor characteristics, publish new photos, pages, or blogs, improve local SEO, or engage in Google Adwords or other advertising.
Web Design Questions are Free
Not sure if you need a website? Is there something about the process you don’t understand? Want to discuss options? Have a special update to your website in mind?
Please give us a call or send us an email if you have any questions. Our clients have various levels of expertise when it comes to websites and we do our best to answer questions without using too much jargon. We will give you as much information as we can to help you decide on whether to work with us (and will tell you if we are not a good fit for your needs).